The Best Optometry Video Marketing Tips
In recent years, we have all seen the boom of video marketing and its impact on businesses and organizations worldwide. There is no sign of stopping as video marketing ranks as one of the best forms of content to engage your audience’s attention.
How do you use marketing videos for your optometry practice? This guide will help you start your journey to adding videos to your content strategy. We all have some ideas for you to consider to create great videos that will help your optometry clinic grow.
The Benefits of Creating Videos for Your Optometry Practice
Why should your practice invest in video marketing? Video is an excellent way to educate your patients about all things optometry and gain their trust. Educational videos demonstrate how your practice can provide clients with exceptional quality services.
Nowadays, it can be challenging to get people’s attention. Video is a medium that makes processing and retaining information much easier for viewers. Viewers are more likely to be able to recall something they watched in an entertaining, fast-paced video versus something they read in a text of considerable length.
As a healthcare provider, sometimes you have to explain complex topics to your patients. Video helps to quickly break down any conditions, treatments, or other complex topics in a more consumable way for your patients and other viewers. Videos can help more people understand what you do and why you do it.
Read more about the Top 7 Creative Marketing Strategies for Eye Doctors
Optometric Video Marketing Ideas
Now that you have a better understanding of the value of video marketing, what kind of videos should you produce? Nowadays, you can post short and long-form online videos. Here are some ideas you should consider to tell your practice story:
- Educational Videos: One of the best ways to show potential patients your expertise in the industry is by sharing your knowledge online. You can discuss practical topics such as the importance of good eye care practices like resting your vision, getting proper eyewear for each activity, and common vision healthcare tips.
- Optometric FAQs for Patients: Most people who visit your practice probably have the same concerns or questions. Producing FAQ videos help enlighten more patients even before they see you in the office. This video can be played in the waiting room for everyone to see.
- Patient Testimonials: Another good video idea you should consider is testimonials from loyal patients. New patients will better appreciate what you do through other people’s words.
- A tour of your practice: You should also post videos of your clinic. This shows potential patients what it’s like to be in your practice.
- An intro of you and your staff: Old and new patients would appreciate it if they could see the people who will care for them in your office.
- A Vision Exam of your Patient: With your patient’s permission, you should consider creating short videos of you conducting a routine eye exam.
- Recovery from Eye Injuries: Before and after videos show people the impact your clinic can have on one’s eye health.
- Weekly Tutorial Videos: Demonstrating exercises/stretches that are beneficial for reducing eye strain. This is a practical online video idea that illustrates how you’re helping people have a better vision.
Sharing Your Optometry Videos Across All Platforms
Once your videos are recorded and edited, they’re ready to be distributed. Fortunately, you can repurpose your videos and upload them on various platforms. You should share your videos in more than one place to maximize your reach and increase views.
Read more about 6 Things to Look for When Choosing an Optometry Marketing Consultant
Share to Your Social Media Pages
Your social media platforms can help your business can more exposure than you ever imagined. Not only will your current patients be able to watch, but so will potential patients, as well as those who just want to learn more about optometry.
Where should you post your videos? You can explore posting them on popular platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter. These platforms have various audiences, allowing your practice to reach more patients. Note that your videos should be compatible with mobile devices so more people can watch them.
Taking Advantage of YouTube
Did you know that 86% of Americans often use YouTube to learn new things? YouTube is the perfect platform for those longer, educational videos where you provide viewers with much information. The best part? Starting a channel is free!
How long can your Youtube videos be? A non-verified YouTube channel can upload videos up to 15 minutes long. Meanwhile, a verified YouTube channel can post up to 12 hours long. You need at least 100,000 subscribers to be eligible to become a verified Optometry YouTube channel.
Send to Patients Through Email
You must build relationships with your patients. A great way to keep in touch with your current client base is by sending them embedded videos or video links.
After all the time and effort you exerted in creating your videos, you shouldn’t hesitate to share them with your current email database. You can even consider making a plan and deciding which videos you want to send to your patients each month. Taking a personalized approach can help you reach the right audience faster.
Video Marketing Tips
The good news is that you don’t necessarily have to invest in expensive equipment to create professional-grade videos. You can execute your video ideas without breaking the bank with the right marketing strategy. Here are some tips you should take note of:
- Avoid low light when recording videos. Natural light is best to make your online video look more appealing.
- Speak loud and clear so viewers can understand the information you are relaying. It would be best to take a video with a companion who can ensure your voice is OK.
- Avoid unnecessarily long videos. It’s OK to have long-form videos for educational purposes. However, you want to keep your audience’s attention and not bore or overwhelm them. For easy topics, you should limit videos to two minutes long.
- Show your personality, so viewers get an idea of who you are. Don’t be afraid to show the world who you are.
- Monitor your results to analyze which videos are performing the best and why. Take advantage of the analytics tool of your Facebook page and the link to see how people receive your videos.
- Include a call to action in your video so you don’t leave your viewers hanging. Insert your website’s URL, practice phone number, etc., to convert a view into a new patient. You can even add landing pages to the specific services you discuss in the videos.
- Create content for your patients and what interests them or is valuable in some way. Remember that these videos are for current and potential visitors, not eye care experts.
Create a Winning Marketing Strategy
Adding video marketing to your strategy can help you spread your knowledge and increase your practice’s awareness and revenue. The good news is that you don’t have to develop and execute ideas alone.
We’re here to help you create excellent marketing content to help you achieve your business goals. For more information on what other aspects should be included in your strategy, call 800.792.8384 or click here.