How to Use Optometry Marketing to Promote Your Practice Online
Potential patients usually search online for eye care providers near them or look for specific products to buy like designer frames, contact lenses, or prescription glasses. If you want to attract these patients to your practice and increase sales, then you should take advantage of digital channels to promote your services, and expertise to patients.
It is imperative that optometrists, such as yourself, look beyond traditional marketing and leverage digital optometry marketing to be successful.
Online marketing is a great way for current and potential patients to find your eye care information, resources, practice reviews, products and services.
The best optometrist marketing strategy begins by creating a carefully conceived brand. You must create a top-of-mind presence with patients by increasing awareness and sustaining visibility within your community, both in-person and online.
Optometrist marketing is about getting your brand’s message delivered to the ideal patient in a timely and relevant manner. The challenge now is identifying the right online platforms to use and the right content to create.
Here are some examples of digital optometry marketing strategies you can use to promote your practice.
Use Local SEO to Promote Your Practice to Patients Nearby
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of making your optometry website better for search engines like Google, Bing, Yelp and Yahoo. Getting a handle on local SEO can be challenging, but you can get started by registering with Google My Business. This free service lets your optometry practice appear on Google Search and Google Maps.
You can optimize your account by putting as much information about your business as possible, including photos of your staff members and your practice.
Did you know that businesses with photos see 35% more clicks to their website and 42% higher requests for driving directions in Google Maps?HubSpot
Also, by being present on Google Maps, you can take advantage of online directories posted across different websites like WebMD, Vitals, Healthgrades, CareDash, and more.
Create Dedicated Pages for Each Optometry Service You Offer
An optimized optometry website is essential for optometry practitioners. Your website design can either positively or negatively impact your visitors since a good visual shows professionalism and expertise, and in turn, converts users into booked appointments. Websites should be easy to navigate. Sample sections for an optometry website are:
1. About the company/brand– It is important to include a description of your business on your website to better understand your vision, mission, and company values to your patients.
For example, “At Anderson Optometry, we are fully dedicated to improving and preserving sight. We offer many eye care services, from surgery to treatment of eye diseases. Dr. Anderson and our highly skilled team welcome you to our practice where we strive to make patients feel at home. This personal care and individualized attention is why people throughout the San Diego area come to Anderson Optometry for all their vision health needs.”
2. Eye care (Why is it important) – Defining your specialization provides an added value to potential patients and can serve as an educational component to your website. You can include content like what frames work best for your face shape, how to keep your contacts clean, what to expect during an eye and vision exam.
3. Services – Including a comprehensive list of services and products is very helpful for potential patients to be guided and informed about what your company offers. For example, at the top of your website be sure to include a tab that says “services” and then add:
- Computer Vision Treatment
- Contact Lens Exams
- Eye and Vision Exams
- Eye Surgery
- Hard to Fit Contacts
4. Customer Feedback and Reviews – Allotting a section for customer feedback shows that your company values client recommendations and that you are open to improving your services to serve them better.
5. Contact details – It is very important to include complete contact information so that patients can conveniently reach you at any time.
Furthermore, it would be best to create a dedicated web page for each product to detail what you have to offer and entice the customer to avail or subscribe immediately. Don’t lump your eye care products and services on the same page, which might look like clutter. Keep in mind that the website design plays a role in gaining (or losing) customers.
Set up an eCommerce Platform for Your Products & Generate More Revenue
E-commerce is a convenient and accessible platform to sell almost anything online, including your optometry products and services. Having an online store also helps with your SEO and increases your website traffic, thus generating more sales. Another good thing about having an online store is when your practice is closed, and you can earn through online sales. You can read more about the advantages of having an online store here.
Maximize Social Media Channels to Increase Brand Awareness and Engage With Followers
There are so many ways that you can take advantage of social media. Before thinking of what content to put out there, decide which platforms you think you will find your audience. It will most probably be Facebook and Instagram. Once you’ve decided, you can identify the digital marketing strategies you want to roll out for your business to increase awareness and reach.
We have listed some below:
- Create a compelling and engaging brand profile through social media channels where your potential clients are most present.
- Connect with current and potential patients by providing value-adding and educational content that addresses relevant concerns about eye care.
- Promote your new products, services, loyalty programs, and featured promos creatively
- Share eye care tips, industry news, and other relevant information on your social media pages to strengthen the credibility and reputation of your company.
- Build brand loyalty and trust by constantly sharing milestones and patient testimonials.
More than optometry social media, make use of messaging apps as well! Messenger, Telegram, Whatsapp, and Viber can connect to current and potential clients. Just be creative in how you utilize tools and approach your audience.
Use Email Marketing
The trick with digital marketing is to always be present. And one of the ways you can do that is through email marketing. Make sure to have a catchy subject that expresses your message clearly. Here are some content angles that you can for on email marketing:
1. Informative emails that explain your company’s booking process, constant check-up reminders, and other administrative details. You may use creative infographics and templates to make it more appealing to patients.
2. You can also share updates on your practice and services through personalized emails written by specialists/doctors from the company.
3. It may also be helpful to share regular eye care content such as common misconceptions about eye care, simple ways to practice eye care daily, and other tips that will be useful to patients.
On top of that, make sure that the email layout is creative and engaging. Some brands and companies make sure to have eye-catching graphics in their emails. Hire an artist to turn your eye care tips into exciting social cards that you can share with your potential clients.
Share Positive Online Patient Reviews
Having good reviews and testimonials from past patients visible to your target audience helps build credibility for your practice. Make sure to get your clients’ consent to post their feedback up on your site, and always encourage them to leave reviews or comments whenever they visit.
There’s nothing better than seeing your 5-star rating displayed for the public to see. Even more, respond to the reviews. Praise that patient for being so calm during that eye exam. Give extra advice to that one patient who is nervous about his or her next appointment. Show that you are a customer-centric brand and you value the feedback of your patients.
Create a Referral Program
A referral program is like hitting two birds with one stone: you reward loyal clients while gaining new ones. A good referral program offers an enticing reward for current clients who will bring in friends to sign up or try your products and services. But beyond word of mouth, you can have a referral program across different platforms with varying mechanics.
Here is one example on Instagram. Your page can have a raffle for current subscribers. They can enter the raffle if they tag 5 non-follower friends who have to follow the account. They have to meet all the criteria until the raffle is drawn for them to qualify. What a quick and easy way to gain more followers, right?
Let Us Help You Create A Marketing Strategy Tailored to Your Practice
We understand that you are busy taking care of your patients and it may be overwhelming to implement all these strategies. We can help you save time and money by managing all your marketing needs while you continue to see more patients.