13 Social Media Marketing Tips for Chiropractors
In today’s digital world, it’s no surprise that social media marketing is an effective strategy to separate your brand from the competition, increase engagement with your followers, attract new patients, and build stronger relationships online. Social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram are accessible and effective ways to connect with your target audience and boost social engagement at your chiropractic website practice.
What Is Chiropractic Social Media Marketing?
As a chiropractor, your primary concern while obtaining clients concentrates on two things: offering exceptional care and determining your winning marketing strategy. One stellar way to grow your practice is by focusing on chiropractic social media marketing.
How exactly can chiropractors like you benefit from investing in social media marketing? Fundamentally, chiropractic social media marketing is intended to help your business overcome its challenges. It is a comprehensive and customized social media marketing strategy tailored to chiropractic practices.
As of 2022, over 60% of the global population, or 4.59 billion people, were on social media, and this number is expected to increase to 6 billion by 2027. Thus, your business is missing out on plenty of excellent opportunities if you don’t have a social media presence. The challenge in social media marketing lies in navigating through various platforms and resonating well with different demographics and audience groups through social media.
An intrinsically crafted social media marketing strategy is key to enticing the right audiences to support your practice and boost your conversions. As a chiropractic practice in a competitive medical industry, you need to make your business stand out for more patients to support you.
Benefits of Stellar Social Media Marketing for Chiropractic Clinics
Navigating through the social media marketing game may be challenging even for seasoned businesses, but the resources and effort will be worth it in the end. Here are some of the benefits of channeling your resources into social media marketing:
- Increased patient engagement. You wouldn’t want your customers to visit your clinic once and forget about you forever. Social media marketing enables you to create solid relationships with them, and keep your business top-of-mind for their chiropractic needs.
- Enhanced brand recognition. The key to retaining old clients while reaching out to potential ones is to spread the word about your business. When more people are aware of what you do, you have a better chance of attracting more people to your clinic.
- Greater local visibility. Regardless of how big or small your local vicinity is, you would want more people to be aware that your business exists. Some people who live in your local area may not even be aware that there’s an excellent chiropractic practice that can attend to their needs. Social media marketing allows you to raise awareness in your area that you’re ready to serve.
- Improved patient retention. As mentioned, you wouldn’t want your clients to visit once and never return. Social media marketing allows you to foster your existing relationships so they’d keep coming back to your business.
- Streamlined communication. Social media marketing allows you to take control of the narrative that surrounds your business. In case of possible issues or important announcements, you have a trustworthy platform to share your official messages.
- Elevated credibility and trust. Having a social media presence gives the impression that your business is active and ready to be of service. Your social media posts and communication style can position your business in a trustworthy light.
- Better search engine rankings. Your official website isn’t your only platform to boost your SEO efforts. Being active on social media allows your business to boost its ranking on search engine results. This makes it easier for more people to learn about your business and what it has to offer.
- Data-driven decision making. What’s excellent about social media marketing is that you have access to metrics and data that can help you determine if your strategy is effective or not. The insights you can derive from these data allows you to develop even better business decisions.
If you’re wondering where to start and what social media posts will help improve your social engagement, we’ve got you covered! Below are thirteen effective chiropractic social media marketing tips that will increase your follower interaction and help you stay top of mind with old and new patients. Are you ready to thrive in social media marketing? Great, let’s get started!
Tip 1. Get Social by Starting Conversations with Your Followers
Your social media platform should be used to generate a conversation authentically. How do you feel when your friends or family members comment on your social media posts? Great, right? A comment on a social media site is a form of engagement and usually a sign that your followers like your content. Make sure to reciprocate and respond to those interactions to build stronger relationships, show your brand’s personality, and let your followers know that their comments are being seen.
While conversing with your followers is important, you most likely have many other important things to do, such as running your chiropractic practice and caring for patients. To help you save time and continue to engage with your followers, try crafting your replies to common comments in advance and have a handy list of GIFs, emojis, and questions ready. Remember always to be personable and genuine, just as you would interact with your patients at your practice.
Tip 2. Amplify Your Chiropractic Social Media Using Video Content
Did you know that 91% of consumers want to see more online videos from brands? It’s true videos have taken over social media feeds and get users to stop scrolling and engage with the content. It’s not just video sites like YouTube and TikTok, either. Facebook and Instagram are focusing more on video, especially with Stories, IGTV, and Reels rapidly growing in popularity.
6 Video Ideas You Can Incorporate into Your Chiropractic Social Media Marketing Strategy:
- Show social media followers who your staff members are with a video introduction. You can share images of each staff member in the video and a short biography. Share your staff’s favorite adjustments, what they like to do in their spare time, and what got them interested in the chiropractic profession. This helps build a sense of familiarity and show off your practice’s personality. It also makes new patients feel like they know the people who’ll service them.
- Give your viewers a ‘behind the scenes look at your daily task and allow new patients to imagine what it would be like to be a patient at your practice. This will effectively market what your patients can expect beyond your chiropractic services.
- Showcase the services you offer to your patients. What better way to inform prospective patients about your services than with a step-by-step guide for an adjustment, laser therapy, or myofascial therapy you’re performing and teaching your patients?
- Give your followers an informational series that includes tips and tricks like how to relieve back pain at home, simple exercises, ways to improve posture, and more. This is an easy way to get more views because patients sometimes look for quick chiropractic care at home when they cannot make it to your office for an appointment.
- If your chiropractic office is holding or attending a community event, generate excitement and spread the word with video content. You can also give viewers a sneak peek into what it will be and entice them to participate in the event. This shows that chiropractic care is necessary to you, as is your community.
- Post a video testimonial! If you can get it, a video of your patients talking about why they love your chiropractic practice and the services you provide will help build up your online reputation and convert new followers into patients.
Tip 3. Use Social Media to Listen, Learn, and Gather Feedback
Listening to what users online say about you, your chiropractic practice, and your services is essential. Social media is an excellent tool for gathering feedback about what you are doing right and what you can improve in your chiropractic social media marketing strategy. There are plenty of ways you can “listen” on social media to learn more about your patients’ experiences and gain insights from your online platform.
If you want quick feedback, conduct a poll or a survey on Facebook, Instagram, and X (formerly Twitter). You want to make your question short, sweet, and simple. Need help on your next blog post idea? You can easily create a poll or survey and ask your chiropractic followers for blog ideas. This will help you understand what your online users are interested in learning. They might request a blog post on how to relieve back and neck pain at home, why you should focus on mobility, the advantages of working out, and more.
Are you curious to see which posts are performing better than others? Analytics on your chiropractic social media posts will help you identify what content your followers engage with more. You’ll see how many users have viewed, interacted, and commented on your posts.
Tip 4. Increase Your Follower Interaction With These Types of Posts
- Seasonal or Celebratory – these posts are timely or relevant for your following and help to keep your page fresh and engaged with updates. Some examples include International Correct Posture Month, World Spine Day, and National Chiropractic Health Month.
- Client Education – these posts can be used to inform your patients on a wide variety of chiropractic topics ranging from general health to more in-depth therapies.
- Preventative Care – these posts raise awareness while encouraging patients to schedule appointments or follow-ups for adjustments, sports injuries, and knee and neck pain.
Tip 5. Plan Out Your Chiropractic Marketing Social Media Calendar
The purpose of a chiropractic social media calendar is to keep your marketing organized for maximum efficiency and effectiveness. Your chiropractic marketing calendar can be divided into monthly campaigns so that you have an engaging and well-written message.
Additionally, to monthly campaigns, weekly topics provide opportunities to dive deeper into specific aspects of campaigns. Weekly topics for a chiropractic adjustment campaign may include:
- The Benefits of Chiropractic Adjustments
- What Happens When You Get Adjusted by a Chiropractor?
- If You’re Feeling This Pain, It’s Time For an Adjustment
- First Timer? What To Expect From a Chiropractic Adjustment
At the very least, you should post to your social media accounts:
- Facebook and Instagram twice a day
- Once a week, upload a chiropractic video on YouTube
- Google My Business (GMB) once a week
- LinkedIn once a week
- A blog post once a week
Extra Social Media Tips
To create a weekday-related social media post, consider the following ideas:
- Post something motivational and related to chiropractic health on Motivational Monday.
- Feature a patient testimonial or a 5-star customer review on Tuesdays.
- On Wednesdays, share a health and wellness story.
- Show your at-home exercises and chiropractic care remedies for Thursday’s tactical tip.
- Share your favorite chiropractic products that help relieve joint and body pain on Friday Favorites.
- Include behind-the-scenes photos of your practice, office, staff, and the patients you treat on Saturdays and Sundays.
Tip 6. Share and Follow Authoritative Chiropractic Facebook Pages
Keep up with your industry news! Following authoritative chiropractic pages and resharing their content is a good idea. In addition to building credibility with your potential patients, you will always be up-to-date on the latest chiropractic news.
Below is a list of chiropractic pages you should follow and share:
Chiropractic Health USA is a provider-owned network that works with Discount Medical Plans. Their Facebook page provides chiropractors and patients with engaging and informative content.
This non-profit organization provides awareness and education about the benefits of chiropractic care. You can find tips, studies, articles about chiropractic care, and more on their Facebook page.
The FCPA (Florida Chiropractic Physician Association, Inc.) is a friendly, full-service association dedicated to supporting each primary care physician’s legal rights. They use Facebook to promote webinars trade shows, and share chiropractic news.
As the largest chiropractic organization in the U.S., the American Chiropractic Association, or ACA, is dedicated to promoting the advancement and practice of chiropractic medicine. Their content includes webinars, online courses, chiropractic exercises, and the latest chiropractic news.
The International Chiropractors Association (ICA) is the oldest international chiropractic organization in the world. Chiropractic news, tips, educational videos, how to convert more patients, and more can be found on their Facebook page.
AIMIPIP is a group of like-minded medical, naturopathic, osteopath, and chiropractor doctors focused on personal injury issues. Find the latest news on personal injury, articles from chiropractic economics, free webinars, and more.
Tip 7. Monitor Your Social Media Progress In Real-Time
Engaging with your followers and posting consistently is important, but you should monitor your progress in real time. As a result, you will be able to see what you can do to attract more followers and build stronger relationships online.
With these social media marketing analytics tools, you can track your social media presence:
Facebook provides you with a dashboard to keep an eye on your engagement. The engagement metrics for each post can be found in Insights. You can see how many people engaged with your content in the “Engaged Users” column. Facebook Post Engagement Metrics Breakdown:
- Post Shares
- Post Reactions
- Post Saves
- Post Comment
- Page Likes
- Post Interactions
- 3-Seconds Video Plays
- Photo Views
- Link Clicks
Tip 8. Your Chiropractic Posts Should Have Relevant Hashtags
By using hashtags, you make all your chiropractic content more visible. Social media users use hashtags to find and engage with content related to chiropractic practices, common topics, or interests. Furthermore, hashtags allow content to reach more people and be discovered by users worldwide.
Here is a list of popular chiropractic hashtags you can use in your next social media post:
#chiropractic #chiropractor #wellness #health #backpain #chiropracticadjustment #getadjusted #neckpain #chiro #physicaltherapy #chiropracticworks #adjustment #chiropracticcare #spine #physiotherapy #massage #healthylifestyle #fitness #chiropractors #acupuncture #lowbackpain #massagetherapy #rehab #subluxation #posture #chiropractichealth #painrelief #personalinjury
You must determine which hashtags will be most effective for social media posts. People will be searching for hashtags such as chiropractic care and chiropractic adjustments. If you’re curious, there are 2.1m posts on Instagram using the hashtag chiropractic and 350k posts using chiropractic adjustments. You can do your research to see which tags are the most popular and trending.
Tip 9. Be Consistent With Your Chiropractic Social Media Posts
The consistency of your post would depend on the social media platform, but what matters is that you post content regularly. Regardless of how big your chiropractic practice is and the platform where you’re posting, you should consciously ensure consistency in these aspects:
- Brand message
- Brand image
- Frequency of posts
This consistency should extend to your other marketing strategies too. Everything should be seamless so more people would be able to recognize your business. The way you communicate to the world should be dependable and true to everything that your business stands for. You should remember that people nowadays aren’t easy to fool. People won’t be encouraged to support your business if you sound too robotic or if your social media posts are all over the place.
Tip 10. Treat Each Social Media Channel Uniquely
While you can distribute the same messages across all your social media platforms, you should opt for a customized approach to succeed in the social media marketing game. Consider the functionalities and features of each platform before you craft stellar content.
For example, Facebook today is an excellent platform for engaging your community by promoting new services or answering frequently asked questions. Meanwhile, X (Formerly Twitter) is perfect for real-time updates and one-on-one interactions with your old or potential patients. Hence, you should be mindful about what you say and where you say it. In X (Formerly Twitter), it would be ideal to keep your responses short and sweet. You can be more thorough on platforms like Facebook or Instagram.
You can opt to have an umbrella message, and then tailor your communicate efforts to each social media site you have presence in. Moreover, not all posts may be relevant to your existing channels, so you need to plan this strategically.
Tip 11. Use Paid Ads
While it’s vital to develop excellent content for chiropractic social media posts, you’d want more social media users to see your posts and potentially visit your clinic. While you can craft winning content, you can also explore paid advertising on social media.
Social media advertising allows you to target your ads to very specific geographical areas or demographics. It can be especially helpful when you have time-sensitive promos or messages you’d like new patients to learn about.
Every social media platform has its formats for ads, so you should experiment with your choices to determine which ones would resonate best with your audience. There is no singular perfect way to reach your target market. It’s all about trial and error.
Investing in social media advertising is also worth exploring because you have access to rich data that can help you improve your social media marketing strategies moving forward. You can learn about which content your audience finds interesting from those who may not be worth exploring again in the future.
Moreover, paid ads can be tailored to your budget. You don’t need to invest tens of thousands of dollars to get started. Social media advertising has leveled the marketing game, because even small businesses have the power to reach more people without spending a ton. Thus, you have the opportunity to give your business a much-needed boost within your means.
Tip 12. Offer Special Discounts and Promos
Another stellar idea that can help you reach out to current and new patients is by offering special discounts and promos. Offering giveaways and free consultations can entice more people to visit your clinic and learn about what services you offer.
When offering special discounts and promos on social media, you should tie special perks or rewards with social media actions that you can measure. For example, you can offer a special 10% discount to the first 10 individuals that share a particular social media post. In cases like this, you should mention that the sharers’ accounts should be in public so you would be able to verify if they shared your content on their page.
Another option you can explore is rewarding your best fans or followers with special offers or freebies. While you may have to invest a little or give out freebies by following this tactic, the investment will have been worth it when you have more patients who take advantage of your timely offerings.
Tip 13. Reach Out To Influencers.
You can reach out to new patients by tapping into the networks of other people. Are you aware of any local influencers or wellness professionals that have the same target audience as you? You should consider collaborating with them so more people would become aware of your business and what you have to offer.
You can work with influencers by posting joint content, hosting Instagram takeovers or providing guest blog posts. When reaching out to influencers, you should think quality over quantity. What’s the point of collaborating with a person with hundreds of thousands of followers if their followers can’t afford your services? The influencers you partner with should be able to reach new patients that will benefit from your services.
The influencer you partner with might have excellent ideas to ensure that their content remains authentic. You wouldn’t want your partnership to seem too forced or sound like a straight up ad. However, you should ensure that the content you develop aligns with your values and everything your business stands for. As much as possible, you should avoid partnering with controversial individuals or groups.
Let Us Help Your Practice Get Social!
Most of your chiropractic patients are likely already active on social media, which means your practice should be, too. Start implementing these chiropractic social media posts and chiropractic marketing strategies you’ve learned to market your practice and increase social engagement effectively.
Need some help with your social media marketing strategy? Give us a call at 800.792.8384, and we can show you how to attract your ideal chiropractic patients.
What social media platforms are best for chiropractors?
The best social media platforms for chiropractors include Facebook and Instagram, although the most effective choice may also depend on your goals and specific marketing strategies. Facebook is ideal for comprehensive community engagement through educational posts, testimonials, and live sessions. Instagram excels in showcasing visual content like treatment techniques and patient before-and-after photos. Both platforms also provide targeted advertising options to effectively reach potential patients.
What should I post on Instagram?
For a chiropractor’s Instagram, consider posting a mix of educational content, patient testimonials, and behind-the-scenes looks at your practice. Videos demonstrating treatment techniques or explaining common spinal issues can be highly engaging. Before-and-after photos showcasing patient success stories build credibility. Lifestyle content, such as posture tips or ergonomic advice, offers value to your followers. Periodic Q&A sessions or Instagram Live events can also provide interactive opportunities for potential patients to learn more about your services.